Decanter style centrifuges are used in many industrial jobs where solid materials combine with liquids thereby contaminating water supplies or turning mud into sludge. The centrifuge process is an efficient way for most companies to separate the solids and liquids. Decanter style centrifuges are used in industrial applications such as:
- Oil & Gas Industry - Decanters are used for solids separation in oil well drilling, refining, and dewatering. Common applications include: processing drilling mud; de-oiling of produced and drain water; dewatering of crude oil; separation of oil residues; and cleaning and recovery of slop oil.
- Wastewater Treatment Plants - Decanters are used for thickening and dewatering waste sludge, and are designed for situations involving high solids loads. Separators are used for clarifying (the removal of particles) and for separating liquids of varying densities, usually involving higher throughput volumes.
- Food Rendering - (olive oil, wine, fruit juice, meat, fish meal, fish oil) Decanters remove harmful elements from waste water before the water is discharged. Increasing regulation over the past 20 years involving the disposal of waste water in the food processing industry has created tighter controls with the filtration process. Failure to comply with new rules and regulations can result in significant fines and penalties.
- Coal Industry - Decanters are used for dewatering the coal and removing solids at the same time. Dewatering provides dryer coal for finished products with higher BTU’s.
- Power generation - Decanters are used in power plants to treat fuel oils and lube oils for turbines and diesel engines. Precision separation provides smooth operation of generators.